S 285 CSO: Manual Pivot-Style Band Saw with Hydraulic Descent
The Quantum Special 285 CSO Band Saw is equipped with a hydraulic system with a variable control knob for descent speed. The saw runs at 2 different speeds, in regards to the blade travel with the head having the capability of moving from 0°(90°) up to 60° right. A few notable features about the Special 285 CSO is that there is a front storage cabinet (as you will see in the images), there is a Quick Locking Vice, an electric pump with a coolant filter, service tools, and instruction manual.
S 285 CSO CUTTING CAPACITIES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- Round Tube Cutting at 90° (Straight Cut) - 8.6"
- Round Tube Cutting at 45° Right - 6.25"
- Round Tube Cutting at 60° Right - 4"
- Square Tube Cutting at 90° (Straight Cut) - 8.4"
- Square Tube Cutting at 45° Right -5.9"
- Square Tube Cutting at 60° Right - 3.35"
- Rectangular Tube Cutting at 90° (Straight Cut) - 6" Height x 9.75" Width
- Rectangular Tube Cutting at 45° Right - 4.25" Height x 6.25" Width
- Rectangular Tube Cutting at 60° Right - 3" Height x 3.5" Width
The basic characteristics of the machine, such as rigidity of the blade support, flywheel dimensioning, band guides, and band stretching, have been thoroughly studied to avoid yielding of the band, increase its durability, and improve linearity and time of cutting.
- Sawing machine with bow falling controlled by a hydraulic circuit upon cutting, bar feeding and vice closure manually operated, manual head return.
- Bandsaw machine with manual and semi-automatic functioning.
- Vertical rotation on bolt with adjustable tapered bearings without backlash.
- High-capacity band control by two-speed motor and special reducer with bronze gear tempered and ground worm screw.
- Strong band guides with tight stress-raiser bearings and adjustable widia tips.
- Band stretching is obtained by electro-mechanical blade tensioner with microswitch with appropriately dimensioned flywheels.
- Vice with a device for swift locking by excentric means.
- Accident-preventing devices on the flywheel casing, on the control handle, and on the blade and an adjustable stop for cuts of the same size.
- Hydraulic cylinder for controlled descent and Power Driver Pump for Band Cooling. 24 V low tension plant
- Cutting thickness 1.2 mm
- Cutting range 0° - 60° right